Truly, Jesus uses the base things of the world. I am that base. I've always considered myself to be the filth of the world, the least of the saints, etc. Just as Paul counted all things he attained in the world as rubbish so I always counted my life as filthy rags in the eyes of God.
The most glorious thing I've come to know about Jesus and Christianity is the simple truth of what humility truly brings. It brings peace, provides comfort, creates healing, reconciles enemies, brings down empires. When we submit to His way in the midst of going our own way we find the path we've always been looking for. We find His way. The best way.
My brothers life of 38 years was celebrated this past Sunday. What his death has done was one of the most powerful things I've ever witnessed in my young 35 years of life. His passing has brought to life relationships that have been dormant and damaged for over two decades. His death, through Jesus, brought life.
Truly, His ways are not our ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment