Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down,
shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same
measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
This is one of the many verses most people have heard or read. It's pretty
straight forward and seems simple enough but I find it's one the hardest things
to practice. I've been very selfish through my life. Afraid to give what I
considered mine. I've held close to me all my possessions, my money, my
properties, my barn full of things.
The last thing I want to do is give any of it away. Yet, I am pressed time
and time again to give what I consider mine. At first I'm reluctant, then I
consider it, then I give it grudgingly, then I break down and offer it wholeheartedly.
And when I reach that end point of truly giving with a grateful heart I receive much
more that I gave. I've tested this over and over and over and every time I end
being grateful for what I gave and my reward is vast.
In verse 35 it says, "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing
in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.
For He is kind to the unthankful and evil." When I reach the apex of giving and
do it trusting that the benefit for the other is ideal, I do not expect
anything in return. And in doing this I feel honorable, grateful, and
present. And the reprocity is wild.
I have more than I could have ever asked for. It seems to keep
increasing the more I allow the universe to direct and guide me. The lesson I've
learned is the more you hold on tightly to that which you fear losing the more
suffering you endure. When you allow yourself to break free from riches or
possessions you receive in reward a life of gratitude and love. And an open
heart of love is worth more than all the possessions you could acquire.

No comments:
Post a Comment