Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Crossview - a new church plant...Kennewick, Wa.

Well, it's been a couple months and I figured I would update a bit on the happenings of the life of wes_line.

I am involved in a new church plant called Crossview. You can find us online at crossviewcommunity.com. We are people that want more in life than just Sunday morning pew warming and non-participatory church life. We are a people of influence that are embracing culture while impacting the community around us for the purpose of the gospel. We are stoked to be able to be flexible to the molding and movement of God and not get stuck in dogmatic traditions and heretical beaurocracies that strip the life of the believer that's involved.

We just launched last Saturday night the 27th at a local church building being loaned to us free of charge. With about sixty people showing up to show their support we were amazed that God would do such a thing as this. Those of you that know me and understand my views on church life in today's culture then you know how much I am an advocate for change and reform. So many in the past said why I don't just do something about it istead of just talking all the time and pissing people off. So my friends, I am now stepping out into that life of movement rather than hanging out in the mudpool of negativity I have grown accustom to.

I still have my thoughts and ideologies toward the modern church which will never change unless they are reformed in some way or another. I still believe all that I have spoken about in the past and I will not just be another church-goer that submits to ever whip and snap of the man with the pope-like complex. Church is more than a man, it's more than a tradition, church is family and I have finally found one that I can call my own.

Peace, wes_line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes, congratulation on the new plant. Praying that God will richly bless it and those it touches.

Phillip Santillan said...

Hey Bro! Awesome stuff. Checked out your audio sermon on "vision" and I pray that God blesses your "rebellion". (If you're reading this and haven't listened to his message you WILL misunderstand me, so instead of misunderstanding me, listen to his message.) Great singing by the way!!