There is this guy named Dave Ramsey who is a financial guru of sorts and a claimed follower of Jesus. You can find him weeknights on the Fox Business Network sharing his thoughts and ideologies to call in people throughout the country. His deal is legit, he teaches, no debt - no credit cards - start from nothing and use only cash. As much as I like his stuff I can't help but to think there is more to life than financial security.We all work, we all strive, we all reach for our goals in life but I think true satisfaction lies in the present; otherwise we'll never reach it. Jesus taught us to strive for eternity, to look heavenward, and set our mind and thoughts to the afterlife. As much as I forget those simple teachings I am reminded of them every time I buy a share of stock and it drops by 10%. I realize how futile my bank account has become and how eternal the love of God is and will always be.
We may never learn in this life the simplicity of living for Jesus but I hope by the time I reach my deathbed I will have lived content and been satisfied.
3 comments:
wow dude. Two in one week, dont hurt yourself ;) I just watched this movie called "a good year" that was about the same exact thing, you should check it out. Kind of a chick flick though
Thanks man, I like a chick flick every once in awhile...
Word. It's extra complicated when there might be a good chance that our security is at the expense of many other people's around the world. Good thoughts, bro.
Post a Comment