Deep down doesn't everyone want to do well? I mean doesn't everyone want to believe that when we die we will be missed. If and when we depart do we hope there will be thunder and lightening and the earth will quake?
Would you rather be known for:
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Or would you really be known for:
adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murder, drunkenness, revelries.
If everyone would take inventory of their lives and begin to notice what they're lives represent would you have regrets? Would you be ashamed? Would you even care to want to change? Is it even possible to change and even if it is is it even worth it?
I've found that in the midst of my sin, and in the depth of it, I'm the most unsatisfied and only longing for more death. Believe me when I say sin is deep. Deeper than we'll ever imagine. We can go as far as we like and it will never end, never. And only death awaits and you'll be remembered no more and there may even be rejoicing when you depart. Rejoicing because the rest of this fallen world doesn't need to be abused and threatened by you any longer.
I implore you, seek only good things. Submit to God and allow Jesus to come into you. Repent of your ways because they only lead to death, and it's a horrible death beyond all comprehension. But there is hope in the midst of your deadly ways...Jesus the Christ, He alone can bring every good thing, even an unimaginable rest in the deadness of your calloused heart.
Be someone that will leave a "good" mark in this world for generations and generations. It is possible, He is able.
No comments:
Post a Comment