Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Day 92

I've really have been blessed the last few days.

I've been gaining energy, waking up much earlier than normal, and staying aware all day.

When I was struggling after a night of drinking or a weekend of fun I had the worst quality sleep and the next morning was always dreaded.

Waking up today with clarity and gratitude today is a whole lot different.  I used to sit on the couch at 3am, high as a kite, looking up luxury rehab centers.  Wondering if and when I will be attending one soon.  I was sad and couldn't get out.

It took a lot from within me to get to where I'm at today.  A lot of alone time.  A lot of time thinking about why I exist and what the point of it all is.  You know those deep thoughts that not everyone has.

It feels amazing to be free of opiates.

While there are still some aches and pains from daily activity it's nothing compared to the aches and pain of heroin addiction.

No comments: