Sunday, April 09, 2006

a break in the silence

Well, I have on a bit of a sabbatical with my contemplations of this life lately. Each day I drive in my car I wonder why and what it is all about. We tend to think we know and we never seem to question the status quo. My heart aches day after day for passion, for desire, for anything that will bring resolution to my thoughts.
Each generation will continue as it has in the past, sure we have different things in life to experience but all in all life will go on, shall the Lord tarry. When you die, the smoke stacks will continue to smoke. When you fade, books will still be written, movies will still be made, music will still be played. Think about it for a moment! What do we do! What are we doing! Are we satisfied will all we've done in this life??? Do we want more? Are we seeking something different then our everyday rituals?
I cannot and will not continue to wake every morning and do it all the same. I will look back when my children have grown, when there children will be my prize, and I will say amen and right on; because I did not sit and do nothing, because I took a stand and said I will not take what hand has been dealt to me. I will not be satisfied with the minimal status of life. Jesus desires more for me, more for us.
Because of my lovers death upon the torturous cross I am given a chance of an exciting, amazing journey. My heart beats to experience this life will all He has to offer. I am extremely thrilled to travel the path that is paved with thorns and thistles, to take part in walking down a road that leads to the unknown, almost fearing each and every step of the way. Oh how terrified I am of this life and for what lies ahead. In fearful expectation and extreme anticipation I wait upon my God.
In a world with so much uncertainty there is only one thing that remains true. Jesus is the only one that will ever sustain, captivate, fulfill, saturate, and comfort. May He be the center of all we do, think, and feel.

1 comment:

wes_line said...

I would have to say that being authentic to me means living with a mindset of continual vulnerability and transparency. Being willing be judged and ridiculed at the expence of our loving Savior.

Think about it. In the modern church, even in the post-modern church, you always see people acting like one another because that's what they think a Christian is exposed to be. No real authenticity. Typical with those that find Sunday Mornings the extent of their spiritual relationship with Jesus.

There is a lot of saying and not doing and I understand your frustrations. I have to disagree with most emergents and evangelicals that speak of the right ways of doing life but never getting it done. I do believe that a lot of Christians are in that place saying enough is enough.

I do like what Jon Courson is doing at the Applegate Christian Fellowship. He has taken a step that way too many evangelicals are frightend to take. And I applaud him for it and I will be watching to see what Christ does with those guys.

Branticus, let's do it. I'm going forward (excelling past the brethern) in my spiritual journey with Jesus Christ, with or without them. I am in honest antisipation of what truly lies ahead. Rock on my friend and thanks for the dialogue...wes_line