
I have come to the conclusion that everyone follows someone or something. If it be a person, idea, dream, or goal, everyone follows after something. We all have passion and purpose of some sort, we all have desire and aim. We strive this way and that for something to satisfy and for something to cure our hunger for more.
So what is it. Christians today would say, "Jesus is the purpose of life" other believers would speak, "to do all that we can to honor God is our aim". Well, what about the other 5.5 billion people on the earth what do they say? What are their arguments for meaninglessness. They have aim, devotion, purpose, and goals. And I have seen unbelievers have much more passion to follow after earthly things than I have seen lovers of God strive after Godly things. Do we look only to the end of the week for the extent of our lives or do we press on for goals that out weight our monthly quota for purpose?
Should we sit back and just deal with the few people that we influence in life? Should we strive to build them up and give them advice on how to live? Maybe.
Should we lead and not follow? And If we lead, than who do we follow? Is it Christ? Or Our fellow man? Maybe a pastor or a thought or an idea?
Well, as for me today, I chose to follow. Who, my Creator. Why, He is my aim, my devotion, my purpose, my desire and my goal. Where is He going, I have no idea but I trust He is leading.
How do so many have purpose without having eternity in mind???
No comments:
Post a Comment