
Are there times in your life when you feel a bit unchallenged as an individual? Are there areas in your life that need more challenge?
I believe that we can all answer those two questions with a definite, Yes. It's true, the majority of the time we are dealing with something a bit bigger than ourselves, something that brings extreme challenge and struggle. And that's when we press in and press on, right? But what about when everything is fairly mellow and relaxing, when life is doing great and things are happening. What then? Isn't that when we usually begin to compromise and let a little of that sin in because we have become stuck in a place of comfort?
Well, I personally have come through the most challenging and personal defining time in my life. In a period of about 9 months my life experences have produced on my head a few more gray hairs. While pressing in and pressing on I have had to re-define who I am as a person and as a Christian. Believe me it's all for the good. Most of the time I feel that God is insane because of the way He does things but then I am amazed by the outcome. However, because of this most challenging time I am now at a place of much more comfort and joy and yet I feel much less challenged.
Solomon would encourage us to, "eat, drink and enjoy your labor". And I believe that is a great place to be. It's almost like a place rest in the midst of chaos. I do think that God would have us enter in and out of those places throughout life. How else would we be able to destingish the valley's from the mountains top's.
In Romans 5:3-4 the writer would say, "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." (NKJV)
I honestly believe that. With all that I am.
Are we really to glory in tribualations? To say, "Hey, thanks God for all the heartache in my life." Are we to praise Him in that place of struggle and dispare? I think so. Why? Maybe, because He is in control, maybe because He is the one that has produced all those tribulations and heartache for a reason. As hard as it is to see, I must say, it's got to be true.
So when those things pass and all is good and the world is all it should be, then what?
I would suggest that we begin to prepare for the next trial. Because it's going to happen, it's going to take place. All I can say is that we must take the more earnest heed of the thinks which we have heard, lest we drift away. Let us press on and press in to Christ as life continues to be a surprise. Let us remember what it is to be Christlike and in love with Jesus. I encourage you to continue in the faith, and that we must through many trials and tribulations enter the kingdom of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment