Tuesday, September 26, 2006

"Third Day, are they really all that good?"

Again, I was reading the recent Relevant Magazine and I was a little perturbed by an advertisement of the band Third Day. I remember seeing them live in 1997 at Medford, Or. in a little church with about 100 kids or so. They were touring with little bands named Switchfoot and All Star United. At least they were little at the time.

It seemed back then that it was about a journey, a journey playing music and glorifying God. I loved it and so do the other guys with me at the time, it was real and so raw, the sound even sucked. Back then it would have cost $1000 or so to have them play at your church. Now to get Third Day you have to put up at least $50,000 and have a capacity of about 5000 or more. The same goes for the other big names out there right now.

Anyways, I saw the advertisement and at the bottom it says, “Chevrolet. The Official Vehicle Of Third Day.” I just have to say, c’mon. It’s old news because Chevy has been backing Third Day for a while now but it was the first I heard of it. I guess it’s a good thing if you like to mix culture with Christian music and promote Chevy as a backer of Christianity. I just think it’s a little overboard, seriously, just look at this website, www.thirddaychevrolet.com, too bad only I have the VIP password.

Third Day, you guys have gotten way to Dove Awarded out for me...

1 comment:

Harold said...

I think Jesus would probably drive a Japanese car.