So how true is it to you the statements made here on this picture? I just got the latest Relevant Magazine and in it is a featured article on the founder of a church called Revolution NYC. His name is Jay Bakker and he is the son of well known old school TV Evangelist Jim Bakker who lost everything because of tax evasion and other scandals’ in the 80’s. Jay is one of what Relevant calls, “9 people out to change the world.” I have been listening and following the ministry of Jay for the last six months or so. I do appreciate his teaching style and his heart for the drifting culture. I think with what Jay has gone through as a kid growing up has defined him for who he is today.
Just last week Jay Bakker launched the newly founded Revolution NYC after building what is called Revolution Atlanta. I am stoked to see guys like this make headlines in the world today. If only the majority of Christianity would find identity is a statement like this, I believe then we would make a difference in our culture today.
Until we realize that we suck and we misrepresent Jesus we’ll never be able to reach this generation.
You can listen to Jay Bakker's opening message to Revolution NYC here or check out their webpage here.
1 comment:
A lot has happened this week and without doing theemerge.com I have a bunch more time to think.
And the to and fro thing. Isn't that by every wind of doctrine? I mean doctrinally I haven't changed anything I have just realined the way I approach it.
Mike, I hope you liked the picture because you know you're one of em...;)
Post a Comment