Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Day ThirtySeven

If you live intentionally each day life becomes more alive.  Traveling today to San Diego with my family with a layover in Seattle at the airport.  Usually I would be focused on traveling or going to the bar or eating or whatever while at the airport, never noticing anyone or anything.  But today was different.

As I found myself going about my travel day I had this, "come to myself" moment.  As I walked through the masses of other travelers focused on my destination I paused for a moment and focused on the present moment.  Everything slowed down, became more vibrant, and brought peace of mind.  I was in this place of gratitude and awe of everyone and everything.  It's a beautiful part of life when we fully experience it.

Drug intake today:  2g kratom, cannabis, and nicotine.

The kratom has been a slow process of tapering on.  I didn't start taking it till around day 15 and it's March 8th today so about 3 weeks so far.   Not bad as I know some people are on it for years, nevertheless I know that it effects my ability to be my best.  The quicker I finish this taper the better but I know in a way this kratom has just prolonged my addiction.

It's day 37 my goal was at the end of 90 I will be free from all substances.  I committed to this.  It'll happen.



  

No comments: